Saturday, June 15, 2013

Joy in His Presence

Have you found a little more joy in your heart since yesterday.  I have.  I have had more peace and more joy than I have had for a while.  I kept in His presence all day as I contemplated the things I had to do and what I had studied yesterday morning.  Remember the text:  Psalms 16:11  "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."?

In Exodus 33:14 God told Moses "My presence will go with you."  That's the promise that we need and want.  We want His presence to go with us wherever we go or whatever we do.  It is a vital concern of mine to have His presence with me.

In Psalms 140:13 "Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name; The upright shall dwell in Your presence."  So, again, we need to dwell in His presence.  It is really not hard to do, it sounds like it could be but if you think of it this way, as you go about your day and your duties, just offer up a little prayer now and then asking Him to keep you in His presence and He always keeps His promises.  Your day will be so much smoother and really joy starts filling your heart just being in His presence.

Here's the promise.  Acts 2:28  "You have made known to me the ways of life;  You will make me full of joy in Your presence."  Can you find a better promise than that?  As far as joy goes and being in His presence.
He will make us full of joy in His presence.  I love that promise.

Do you need joy?  I know I do, it is no joy  living without His fullness, no joy at all.  I am talking about the joy of being filled with His fullness.  Read Ephesians 3:14 - 21 again and see how to be filled with the fullness of God.  Don't worry about whether you are deserving or not, none of us are really deserving of the gifts of God, but that is why Jesus gave up His life for us because He was deserving and when we accept Him we accept His worthiness as ours.

Be filled with joy today in His presence and be blessed with abundant joy.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment