Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Give Him Glory.

Remember when Jesus was born how the Angels sang, 'Glory to God in the highest'?  I was thinking that  the Angels sang Glory to God, why shouldn't we glorify His name?  So how do we glorify His name?  Well, we can praise Him as we have studied before but there is another way

In John 15:7,8 it tells how the Father is glorified. "If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.  By this My Father is glorified that you bear much fruit; so you will be my disciples."  If we abide in His presence and His words abide in our hearts, we may ask Him for the desires of our heart and it will be done for us.  If our asking is according to His will we will bear fruit to His glory.

What is fruit?  Galatians 5:22,23  "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, gentleness, self-control.  Against such there is no law."  Can you see how much these fruits would glorify the Father, so why not ask God for these beautiful fruits of His Spirit that He is so willing to give that we may glorify His name?

I am going to ask Him right now to endow me with these fruits so that I may glorify Him and people will know that we belong to Him by the fruit we bear in our lives, day by day.  How about you, don't you want to bear fruit unto Him?  Remember the promise that  'if we ask, it shall be done for us' so what is keeping us from asking? You can answer that.  I have no idea what it could be, but I know my heart and a little self-examination will tell you what is keeping you from asking.  So until tomorrow, Ask and it shall be given.
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment