Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Accomplishing nothing?

Do you ever feel like you are accomplishing nothing?  Do you like to worry about things?   Does it help you when you worry about it?  Most of the time it makes things worse.  Because things aren't working out like you thought they should you start wondering what is happening in your life and you can get all depressed and feeling blue and that isn't good either.

Because I tend to be a worry wort and need some help, I am going to pass on what I am learning to you.  It doesn't pay to worry.  I know that from experience but it is such a common thing to do when we do not stay in Christ's presence.  I have found the help that I need.

In Matthew 6:31-34  "Therefore do not worry , saying, 'What shall we eat? or 'What shall we drink?' or What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek.  For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.
Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

What are we to do to not have to worry about these things that He knows we need?  Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you.  I believe that is the key to stop worrying.
I don't worry a lot anymore, but I do have a tendency to worry if things just don't happen when I think they should.  Sometimes I just call it concern, but it really is a cover up for what I am really doing.

I have found that when I practice what I 'preach'  and stay in His presence all day, I have less tendency to worry or to even think about things to worry about.  I am really stuck on staying in His presence all the time.
When I feel that I am wandering outside of His presence, I just pray, 'please keep me in Your presence' and things are much better.

You will probably get tired of me slipping in this subject every day but it really is the secret to a much happier life and God does provide the solutions when we provide the conditions and the condition to worrying is seeking Him first, I would say seek His presence first thing in the morning and then seek to stay there all through the day.  Happy seeking and then stay there.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment