Monday, June 24, 2013

HELP! ! ! ! !

Are you a sinner, I hope you answered yes, because Romans 3:23 says, "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  What do we do when we acknowledge that we are sinners?  Probably look for a way to remedy the situation.   That's what I have done, would you like to join me in finding the remedy?  Let's find out what we can do.

Psalms 119:11 says, "Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against You."  So the first thing we need to do is turn to the word of God and let His word penetrate our hearts and even memorize some of them that seem most helpful to us.

Romans 8:1,2  "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk in the flesh, (our sinful nature) but walk in the Spirit, (our spiritual nature).

It appears to me that if we hide His word in our hearts that we will walk in the Spirit and not in our sinful nature.  There is no condemnation to those who walk in the Spirit.  That is a wonderful promise and I want to walk in His Spirit, how about you?  I need help though as I am sure everyone does.

So for the help we need we need to hide His word in our hearts and stay in His presence as it says in John 15:4 "Abide in Me and I in you, as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in  Me.  Does that sound like we need to stay in His presence?  It does to me and I hope with all my heart that I am abiding day by day in His presence.  This is where our victory over sin lies.

So my friend what do you think?  Is abiding in Christ where you want to be?  I hope so, there are so many promises of help in the Bible, we need not be afraid to claim them and to live by them.  This is my prayer for you this day.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment