Friday, June 14, 2013

Fullness of Joy

How many of us find ourselves empty of real joy?  I think I would be safe to say that there are not many that have that real deep abiding joy in their hearts.  And for good reason, sometimes life hits us pretty hard and it is hard to be joyful.  Believe me, I know it by experience.  I thought all the joy of living went out the window when my husband passed away.  Yet here I am a Christian of some sort and not much joy, so this morning I felt I needed joy and lots of it so maybe you are in that situation too.  Let's see if we can do something about it.

In Psalms 16:11 it says, "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy;  At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

Is this the reason there is not much joy in this world?  Because we do not keep ourselves in His presence?
I thought I was doing that but lately I have seen that I am not what He really wants me to be.  If I were I am sure that I would find that joy that it is speaking of in Psalms 16.  And it also says that at His right hand are pleasures forevermore.

I am sure of one thing, and that is, it is not speaking of giddiness or funny jokes and that sort of thing, it is speaking of real deep down joy in the heart, joy of living for Him, joy in serving others, joy in just loving others and bringing joy to their heart.  That has been hard for me since my husband passed away, but now I see that I need to keep in His presence every minute of every day.  What a revelation to me, how about you?

I said to the Lord this morning, why do you want me to study joy when I don't have any, what in the world would I say?  Well, you can see how He answered that prayer for me and I am pleased to know that in His presence I can find fullness of joy.  How about you, will you try this good biblical  advice.  Thank you for listening and letting me share my worship time with you.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment