Saturday, June 29, 2013

Trust Me More.

I know, my worship the other morning was on trusting God, but this morning I asked for help in my great need and the title of this blog came to mind.  "Trust Me More".   I thought I was but evidently not as much as He wants me to.  I tend to lean on my own understanding of what He would want me to do instead of asking Him for guidance. Do any of you try to do that and then you get all frustrated because things are not going the way you think they ought to go.  I am so sorry that He had to remind me to trust Him more, I know that I had it coming but didn't realize the depth of my not trusting Him.  I should have entitled this, 'He always comes through' because He does if we ask.  He certainly enlightens my mind to my own needs and thus the reason for my sharing with you, I am sure that out of all those that read this, someone is in the same boat as I am in.

I am going back to Proverbs 3:5  "Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING."  I emphasized the words that hit me the most, with ALL my heart and MY OWN UNDERSTANDING.  How easy it is for me to trust my own understanding and not even realize that I am doing it.  How wonderful it would be if I could just let go of my own ideas and let God have His way, I know I would be so much happier.  I can't even imagine life without concerns, but I know that if God is leading it would all be His concerns.

Then I read Psalms 32:10  "Many sorrows shall be to the wicked, But he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him."  I would love to have God's mercy surround me all the time, it only seems right that that's the
way it ought to be.  What do you think?  I think God wants us to trust Him with all our hearts all of the time and then His mercy would surround us all the time.  I don't think this means we won't have trials, but He is in charge of the trials and I know that He won't let anything come to us that we can't handle through His power and strength.  What a relief this would be, I am going to make sure that I surrender ALL my life to Him and lean not on my own understanding. That is where I fail, I guess I think that I know everything and really I don't know anything when it comes to His will for me.

I can see when He said, 'trust Me more' just what He meant now and my goal is to do just that.  How about you?  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment