Friday, June 28, 2013

God never fails.

I was seeking something that I needed this morning and God never fails to bring something important to my attention.  Today is no exception.  What was brought to my attention was humility,  I guess for a long time I have been struggling with being humble.  You know you can have a fault and never realize it is a fault until you ask God to help you see yourself as He sees you.  Sometimes it is quite shocking what He places before you.

The text that came to my mind first was Micah 6:8  "He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justly, To love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."  The next text was James 4:10 says:  "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."

I asked the question, 'how do you humble yourself?'  The answer I received from the Lord was, 'always put others before yourself.'  I can't think of a better way to humble yourself, can you?  Putting others first would be walking humbly with our God, don't you think?   Here is the verse, Titus 3:2  "to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men."  Putting all people first.

Here is the promise to the humble.  Isaiah 57:15  "For thus says the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy; 'I dwell in the high and holy place, with him who has a contrite and humble spirit,, To revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones."  Contrite means repentant ones.  That is a great promise and I pray earnestly that He will dwell with me and that I will always put others first and be repentant of my false humility.

Another great study and now I am ready to face another day and see how He works in my life, how about you?  Let His love overwhelm you!!!!!!!  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment