Sunday, September 8, 2013

Another Faithful Saying

Remember we studied about God's faithfulness, well there is something else He does for us in the line of His faithfulness.  I love the book of First John in the Bible, it is so full of instruction and hope and I was reading

1 John 1:9  "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.  We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23. And we all need forgiven, God is faithful to forgive but we must be faithful to confess and repent of our sins so that He can forgive.

Sometimes it is hard to confess something that has hurt someone else and we must go to that person first and then come to God with our confession and repentance.  I remember a lot of times I had to admit I was wrong and had to write letters of confession, or make a phone call with confession before I had peace with God because I knew and know that He is faithful to forgive.

When He comes to us with a thought about something that is not right in our life, and we try to shine it or ignore it and it comes again, we are not going to have peace unless we deal with it, I can vouch very well for that.  It has happened to me so many times, I am ashamed to admit it but He is relentless in wanting us to be a part of His kingdom, so He doesn't give up until we tell Him to leave us alone.  Can you imagine how sad that must make Him.

I know how embarrassing it is to admit you are wrong, or you shouldn't have said or done that.  It takes a lot of courage to step to the plate and admit your shortcomings and apologize for hurting someone.  It is not an easy task but must be done and we can do it by God's grace and the feeling afterwards is of such peace, I have always had such peace of mind and heart after I have made things right.  It is worth all of the courage it takes, believe me.  And to have the peace of God that passes all understanding is out of this world.  Literally out of this world.!!!!!

I am so thankful He is faithful in giving us all the instruction we need to have a great life in Him and that He has told us all about having peace after forgiveness, remember He is faithful to forgive and we must be faithful in confessing and repenting of our sins, first to those we have hurt and then go God who abundantly pardons.

Isn't it wonderful to have a Savior who is faithful to pardon all our sins and cleanse us so we can stand before Him just as if we had never sinned, that is what justification means.  I want to be justified, don't you?
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment