Sunday, September 29, 2013

God Will Take Care of You

Do you believe that?  It is so true.  I had an experience this week that really helped me in my faith in God.  He really stepped in and stopped what could have been a disaster.

I have told you that my home is for sale and this man came in and wanted to buy it, he even put his car in the garage to see if it fit.  I thought that was strange but you never know.  Anyway, I called my daughter who has been in real  estate and she came and my son was already here and so we talked and he made an offer and we agreed that we could possibly live with it but he told us to take our time in thinking about it and then all of a sudden he wanted papers signed in two days and that overwhelmed me.  He left with that idea and we began to think about all the things he had said, 'take our time, and then in two days' and my daughter told him she was going to do a credit check on him and a background check and this was said before the two day thing.  After he left I felt nervous and sick, just really unsettled and my daughter called me the next day and said, I don't think we ought to do it and I absolutely agreed.

We got to thinking about the whole thing and there were several things we couldn't put together and we decided that God was trying to tell us something.  I think we will find out shortly what it was.

That is just one incident where God stepped in and stopped a transaction that was not to be done.  I can't elaborate to much on it but it was really scary.  His license plate was of this state but his residence was of another country far away.  Anyway, I am so thankful that God takes care of us.

There is a song entitled, 'God Will Take Care of You'  and it is so true.

Matthew 6:25,34  "Therefore I say unto you, do not worry about your life what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on.  Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about its own things.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.."

I still believe with all my heart that God takes care of those that stay close to Him and I am trying to do that even though I don't feel like I am as close as I should be.  I know He is taking care of me and will take care of me as long as He is my all in all.

Psalms 91:1-3  "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.  Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence."

I am not sure what a fowler is, but it isn't good according to these verses and I believe that I was delivered from it.  If we dwell in the secret place of the Most High we will abide under His shadow and He WILL take care of us, I know that for sure.

I can't stress it enough to abide in His presence and He will take care of you!!!  I hope you believe that, it is absolutely necessary in this sinful world to stay close to Jesus all the time, we never know what the day may bring, just like this week for me.  We just never know and I am so glad to be able to share with you each day how important   it is to stay in the secret place of the Most High so He can take care of everything we do and even say.  I have noticed that my spirit is changing because of these studies I am having and sharing with you.  May God bless you as you study along with me each morning and may you grow in your walk with God and trust His abiding presence in your life.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment