Thursday, September 12, 2013

To Proud to Ask

Remember the other day I said, ooooooh maybe it is pride that is in my way, well I am going to elaborate on that a little this morning because maybe, just maybe I need it, even though I know that other things get in the way of asking for help, like, maybe they think I am just putting on this pain or can't lift things and so I try to do it myself to my own hurt.

I know pride is a terrible thing to get in our way of life and can cause a lot of harm to us and others.  Really, I don't have anything to be proud of and as soon as it creeps in I mess up.

1 John 2:16  " For all that is in the world--the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life--is not of the Father but is of the world."

Proverbs 13:10  "by pride comes nothing but strife, but with the well advised is wisdom."

Proverbs 16:18,19  "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.  Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud."

I agree that pride is destructive and a haughty spirit can bring you down in a hurry, it is God's way of dealing with something so destructive and I sure don't want to be guilty of anything that even resembles pride.  It does bring strife and surely is of the world.  Do you agree?

I want to have a humble spirit even when asking for help, don't you?

Colossians 3:12-17  "Therefore, as the elect of God holy and beloved, put on tenderness, mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering, bearing with one another, forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you; so you also must do.  But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.  And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.  And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Doesn't that sound like a beautiful life?  I want so much to be like that and get rid of all the rubbish that I have carried around in my character.  Let the peace of God rule in my life and be thankful.  And by all means let the word of Christ dwell in me richly in wisdom,  and singing with a song in my heart with grace in my heart and being thankful.  I can't think of a better way to be.  It is my great desire to be like Christ, how about you?  Forget the pride in my life and the proud spirit that is too proud to ask for help when I really need it.

I believe this was a good study for me, what do you think?  I guess we could all benefit from it but I know that it was a good lesson for me.  I hope my experiences touched your heart in some way to benefit you in your walk with God.  Blessings, Grandma Joan,  I am blessed this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment