Sunday, September 15, 2013

Impossibilities

Are there some things that are impossible for you to do?  I can think of a lot of things that I can't do anymore, but there have always been things that are impossible in my life.  What are the impossibilities in your life?  Did you know that the Bible says there are some things that are impossible for us to do?  I would like to check these things out and see what they are, how about you?  This should be interesting.

Jeremiah 13:23  "Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots?  It is impossible for us to change our skin color except for the tan we receive during the summer months.  I remember when we lived in New Mexico, the Mexicans would laugh and say I looked just like them, I would get so brown in the summer time.  I am an outdoors person and live out doors when its summer.

James 3:7&8  "For every kind of beast and bird, or reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind.  But no man can tame the tongue.  It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison."  Our tongue can cause us more trouble than anything else and I am guilty of letting my tongue control my life a lot of times.
What can we do about our tongue being out of control?  We have to surrender our tongue  to the Lord for Him to control.

James 4:7&8  "Therefore submit to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you..  Submit means surrender, and this is the secret of living a holy life in Christ.  We let God control our tongue and He really does do it.

Mark 10:26 & 27  "And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, 'who then can be saved?'
But Jesus looked at them and said, 'With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible."  It is impossible for us to save ourselves and by this time in my life, I hate to admit it, but I realize that there is no way in this world to earn any part of my salvation, it is ALL God if I am saved at all, it has nothing to do with anything that I  can do.  God MUST get all the glory.

Titus 1:2  "In hope of eternal life which God, who cannot lie, promised before time began."  The Bible says it is impossible for God to lie and I believe that, so let's trust His promises to the fullest, it is impossible for His promises to fail.

John 10:27-29  "My sheep hear My voice and I know them, and they follow Me.  And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."  It is impossible for God's people to perish, did you get that?  What greater promise can you find in the Bible than to know that if you are following God with all your heart and staying in His presence day by day, that you will never perish.  That is a promise above all promises.

To sum up this little Bible study, it is impossible to change our color, it is impossible for us to tame our tongue, it is impossible for us to save ourselves, and it is impossible for God to lie and it is impossible for us to perish.  That takes a big burden off my heart, God tames the tongue, and saves us, and never lies, so His promises are sure, and and it is impossible for us to perish.

It is our choice to decide if we are going to follow God or our worldly gods and if we choose to serve God, then we must surrender out lives to Him to have full control, can you understand what a load that will take off your heart and mind and my heart and mind.  It sounds like such a big relief and I want that kind of life, don't you?  I am sure that you do, so lets choose to serve Him and surrender to Him so that we can have that kind of life.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment