Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Heavy Burdens of Life

We all have carried heavy burdens at some time or another, and I know from experience that it can be too heavy at times, way too heavy.

Are you carrying a heavy burden that is almost to hard for you to bear?  Or perhaps you have more than one burden that you are trying to carry.  Are you trying to carry it alone?  It is a tough thing to try and do and an impossible task.  We all need help and sometimes our family will step in and help us and sometimes we are all alone trying to carry our burdens.  If you are alone trying to bear your cares all by yourself and you feel that you could sure use some help, well, I have good news for you, there is help at your fingertips.

Psalms 121: 1-8  "I will life up my eyes to the hills--from whence comes my help?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.  He will not allow your foot to be moved:  He who keeps you will not sleep.  The Lord is your keeper; The Lord is your shade at your right hand.  The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night.  The Lord shall preserve your soul.  The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore."

I have a good idea when reading verses like these.  Instead of reading 'your', read 'my', it makes it so much more personal.  "He will not allow MY foot to be moved:  He who keeps ME will not sleep.  The Lord is MY keeper,  The Lord is MY shade at MY right hand.  The sun shall not strike ME by day, nor the moon by night.  The Lord shall preserve MY soul.  The Lord shall preserve My going out and MY coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore."

See how much more personal this is, you can do this with lots of promises and if you TRUST in the Lord, He will keep His promises to you personally.  He LOVES to lift our burdens for us, He LOVES to be our keeper.

So trust Him with your burdens today and the load will be lifted from your shoulders because He says, "Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."
Psalms 55:22

Matthew 11:30  "  My yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Let Him take your load and carry it for you, I have done that and it doesn't weigh hardly anything when He carries it.  He will even carry you when you need Him to.  I hope your burden has been lifted and you have a blessed day.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment