Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Learning to Lean

Learning is acquiring knowledge through experience or instruction.  I like to say that life is the greatest teacher.  I have been leaned on and I have leaned on.  How about you?  There is always something to learn and I am still learning and probably will never quit.

I am learning something that I didn't plan on learning, and that is to lean on others for help when you need it.  I hate to say this but I feel very embarrassed to ask for help even if I really need it and suffer by not asking. Is that something you are acquainted with?  I may be an odd ball when it comes to that but it hurts me to ask for help.  I didn't want to get like this and it has taken a lot of pain, to learn this hard lesson.
Others will help and willingly if we ask.  It is just the asking that hurts.  I would rather suffer than ask.  Am I odd or what?  Oooooh, it just dawned on me that my pride is getting in the way of asking for help. Really, it just dawned on me that it is pride, I knew that I had a proud spirit but I thought God had taken it away but here it is getting in my way again.  Please God help me with this ugly truth.

 I wasn't afraid to ask Him to give me peace the other evening and He granted my request immediately, but maybe there are other things that I am more timid or more prideful about asking?  I don't know.  I just know it is hard.  I guess I need to do another study on pride, are you up to it?  Maybe next time.

Philippians 4:19  "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus"

The Bible says that He will supply ALL my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  According to His riches, that has to be a never ending supply and it is all for me, can I comprehend that?  Not sure.  I'm trying to.  That could mean Spiritual, Physical, emotional, and mental.  I probably could use it all, so why not ask?

John 14:14  "If you ask anything in my name, I will do it".

John 16:24  " Until now you have asked nothing in my name, ask and you will receive that your joy may be full."

I read a statement on asking in His name the other day but don't remember where I read it but it went something like this, "but to pray in Jesus name means more than just at the beginning of or ending your prayer in His name, it means praying in the mind of Jesus."

I took that to mean that what Jesus would want for us, we can be sure that it is OK to pray for that particular thing.  I also would like to have that fullness of joy that is mentioned in John 16:24.  I know He wants us to be joyful and He also wants us to be healthy but in order to receive those gifts,  He wants us to follow Him in a close fellowship and to lean on Him instead of our earthly friends and family, so I guess according to this study, I need to bury my pride and not be afraid to ask for help from friends and family or from God which is the most important.  I hope this made sense to you and was a help.  It was a discovery to me, God is so good at helping me to see myself just the way I am.  Someone may say, 'I wouldn't like that'  but I do like it because it is making me a better person for Him, so grit your teeth and ask Him to show you what you need to see and then lean on Him for the help you need to overcome.  Enlightening for me to say the least.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment