Sunday, May 25, 2014

An Impossible Task

There are some things that are impossible for us to accomplish and there is one that is more impossible than any other.  This subject is so important for us to realize, I hope it blesses your heart, it was such a relief when I learned this.

Job 14:4  "Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean?  No one."

Romans 8:7  "The carnal mind is enmity against God; for is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be."

SC 16  "It is impossible for us, of ourselves, to escape from the pit of sin in which we are sunken.  Our hearts are evil, and we cannot change them. (the previous verses tell us that)  Education, culture, the exercise of the will, human effort, all have their proper sphere, but here they are powerless.  They may produce an outward correctness of behavior, but they cannot change the heart; they cannot purify the springs of life.  There must be a power working from within, a new life from above, before men can be changed from sin to holiness.  That power is Christ.  His grace alone can quicken the lifeless faculties of the soul, and attract it to God, to holiness.

When I found this out, I was overwhelmed with the intents of my own heart of trying to be good, of trying to overcome in my own power.  What a relief to find out that staying in the presence of God and inviting Him in to change my heart was the way of eternal life.  I have been so blessed by this knowledge!  Grandma Joan






No comments:

Post a Comment