Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Togetherness

Do you like the feeling of togetherness?  I do, I love it when I can get together with my family that are here in this area, it is so much fun just listening to their chatter and sometimes joining in.  I get hugs from just about all of them and that makes me feel all the more a part of the togetherness.  It seems to me that togetherness is an important part of life, isn't it?  When I hear people talk about their get togethers, it is usually with joy and excitement.  I long for those moments when I am a part of a family get together.  It fills me up emotionally.

1 John 1:3  "That which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ."  Now that is real togetherness.
If you are lonely as I am so much of the time, you can have togetherness with the Father and with His Son Jesus.

1 Corinthians 1:9  "God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."  If you are lonely, you are being called into togetherness with Jesus.  A wonderful thought and the best possible place to be.  Isn't that right?

Philippians 2:1,2  Paul is inviting us to fellowship or togetherness with the Holy Spirit, he wants us to be filled with the Holy Spirit in such a way that we are together all the time.

Acts 2:42  "And they continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in  prayers."  The found communion with the apostles and their doctrine and fellowship and they ate together and prayed together.  That sounds like a lot of good togetherness, doesn't it?  I wish things were like that today, it would be so much more easier to be a Christian with that kind of togetherness.

1 John 1:7  "But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."  Christians fellowship with one another and the togetherness is great because we are together with Christ and He cleanses us from our sin.  That is great togetherness.  We must walk in the light as He is in the light.  Can we do that?  I think we can.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment