Thursday, May 22, 2014

Sharing Things

It's good to share of our abundance.  I like to share meals with others, I like to cook vegan style and most people like my cooking or at least they say they do.  I like to share the beauty of my yard with my neighbors and those passing by, but lately it has been hard for me to have pretty yards like I use to.

Paul is saying in 2 Corinthians 8 that the Macedonians were giving according to their ability and even beyond their ability and that even in their affliction they still gave liberally of what they had with great joy.  Don't you find joy in giving of your abundance, even when there isn't an abundance, it still brings joy to give.

Galatians 2:9, Paul speaking,  "And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcision."  Paul says, that they were accepted into the Gospel Ministry with them.  It was a wonderful thing for him to be accepted into the other disciples ministry as one of them.

Philippians 1:3,4,5  "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,  for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now."
Paul is sharing that he prays for them every time he remembers them making request for them with all joy.  What a privilege we have to pray for others and to remember them with joy in our hearts, as Paul did.

We can share material things, we can share fellowship with those who are lonely, we can share our prayers with others to encourage them and we can do it all with joy in our hearts that we can be partakers with Christ in His love for others.  Let's keep on sharing our feelings and our material things and our love and prayers.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment