Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lord Jesus, I need to trust You more

Have you ever felt like your world was falling apart, Iv'e been there a few times lately.  I thought about it a lot and I tried to understand things as they were and because I am a Christian I knew my plight had something to do with my relationship with God, but what was it?  Then it dawned on me that I needed to trust Him more.  So my prayer became, 'Lord Jesus, I need to trust you more, please give me unfailing trust in You, I need it desperately', and I had peace.  But I still want to study about trusting God, because I do need to trust Him more and there are probably some of you who need the same thing, so let's see what we can find in His word.  First, I need to pray for guidance as I study His word, so I just did that and I know that we will be blessed this morning.

Psalms 33:21  "For our hearts shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His Holy Name."  God is holy and we should never use His name lightly, I am so ashamed when I hear His name used as a swear word, I cringe at the thought of what He must think.  So instead of doing that, let's trust in His Holy Name and try to understand with His help how Majestic and Holy He is.

Psalms 119:42  "So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Your word."  Trust in His promises like never before.  That's what I need to do and there are so many promises that will carry us through our trials and struggles.  So I need to trust in His word.

Psalms 37:3  "Trust in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness."  Iv'e been doing that without reading this verse, I have been dwelling on His faithfulness to pull me through my struggles.

Psalms 32:10  "Many sorrows shall be to the wicked, but he who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him."  I want His mercy to surround me don't you?  I need His mercy and need to trust in His faithfulness and in His word, or promises.  I need to trust in His Holy Name and reverence His Holy name too as I walk this Christian pathway.

A few days ago I was overwhelmed with some trials that confronted me but I instantly went to the Lord in prayer and had peace but I wanted to know why He gave me that peace so quickly and I am sure it was out of His great love for me and answering my prayer for more trust in Him.  I was totally sincere and my need was really great and I am so thankful for the encouragement of this study on trusting Him.  May I always be faithful in trusting Him.  How about you?  I hope this is your desire too and He is faithful who has promised.
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment