Saturday, May 24, 2014

Are there Benefits in Trusting God?

Most people are looking for benefits.  Health benefits, salary raises, vacation time, sick leave and probably others too.  But through my ordeal lately on trusting God I was impressed to look up the benefits that are there in trusting God.  I found lots of them and I want to share them with you, if you don't mind and while I am doing this I will be blessed as well.  We can always count on God!!!  He never let's us down, sometimes it seems that He is but it always turns out for the best if we put ALL our trust in Him.  Not in relatives or friends, but in God.  Benefits?  Let's see what they are.

Psalms 5:11  "But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You."  The first benefit I found was joy and I never found one that says it brings peace of mind but I know there is one, just didn't find it but I know how much peace I have had since I prayed for more trust in Him.  It actually is a miracle to me how much peace I have and joy.  He also defends us. Now that is a great benefit too, isn't it?

Psalms 22:4,5  "Our Fathers trusted in You; they trusted and You delivered them.  They cried to You, and were delivered; They trusted in You, and were not ashamed."  Are we ashamed to put all our trust in God.  Are we ashamed to let others know how much we trust Him and how much He loves us and praise Him for His deliverance.  We should always be so thankful for His deliverance that we shout it from the roof tops, so to speak.  Don't be ashamed of your faith in Him.

This should be our prayer:  Psalms 25:2,3  "O my God, I trust in You, let me not be ashamed;  Let not my enemies triumph over me.  Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed;  Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause."  Being ashamed of God or our trust in Him must be something that is not rare because otherwise why would it be brought up like that.  I think it is more prevalent than we imagine.
Who is our biggest enemy?  Satan, of course, but he does use people to discourage us so don't let Satan or his helpers discourage you or me in our praising God for His help in our time of troubles.

Psalms 31:19  "Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You."  He has laid up His goodness and it is already prepared for us if we trust in Him and reverence Him.  He is prepared for our trials and struggles.  How wonderful that is.

Psalms 40:4  "Blessed is that man who makes the Lord his trust, and does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies."  We will be blessed when we make the Lord our trust and not man.  I have been guilty of trusting another person when God is whom I should put my trust.  Are you guilty too.  Many are, I know.

Psalms 56:3,4  "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.  In God I will praise His word, In God I have put my trust; I will not fear, what can flesh do to me?"  What can people do to me?  Nothing. if I put my trust in God and I will praise Him for the benefits He has given me for trusting in Him.

Psalms 73:28  "But it is good for me to draw near to God;  I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Your works."  My trials have been good for me because they have drawn me closer to God and I am not ashamed to tell of His wondrous help to me.  It has been a miracle of peace and confidence.

Guidance is a benefit He gives us too, in Proverbs 3:5,6  I will let you look that one up but it is good in these stressful times we are living in.

Isaiah 57:13 last part, "But he who puts his trust in Me shall possess the land, and shall inherit My holy mountain."  The Bible teaches us that our land of Canaan and His holy mountain is the New Earth that He will make new for those who love Him and trust Him.  That's not only a benefit, it is an inheritance.

See what our trusting in God does for us.  It's not a dream or a worthless thought, it is forever sure and we can count on His promises and we can trust Him implicitly.  This has been so good for me just now as I am facing some tests and I now know that He is for sure watching over me and guiding my life according to His will and not mine.  There are a lot of lessons for me to learn in the short time I have left and I am for sure trying to learn them, one after another, but do you know?  I am not discouraged over them, I trust in God all the more today because of this little study.  I hope it has helped you as well.  Thank you for joining me this morning.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment