Monday, May 19, 2014

The Value of a True Friend

Do we know how much value a true friend is?  I have been so isolated in the last few years I think I have lost the idea of the value of a true friend.  I have a true friend that reads my blog occasionally and we have been friends for many, many years even when we lose track of each other we seem to connect again somehow.  I think God knows how valuable a true friend is and saw to it that we were reunited again.  She comes to see me from Oregon about twice a year and I love her visits.  Do you have a friend like that, I hope so.  I have another friend that lives far away but we don't talk very often and haven't seen each other for years but we still stay connected and talk on the phone once in a while and it's as if we had never been separated.

Proverbs 27:6  first part, "Faithful are the wounds of a friend."  It's OK when a friend wounds us with constructive criticism. They always do it in love and it may hurt but we know it's good for us.

Proverbs 27:10 first part, "Do not forsake your own friend or your father's friend."  They may need us in times of need.  We must be willing to give when giving of ourselves is necessary to save a friend.

Proverbs 17:17  "A friend loves at all times."  We need to have God's love built into our beings so that we can see the needs of others and come to their aid when they need us.  A true friend is invaluable.  Do you know the value of a friend?  Do I?  Are you a valuable friend?  Am I?  I hope we are, I want to be.
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment