Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Lord's Prayer - part 6

Matthew 6:10  "Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."

MB 109  "The will of God is expressed in the precepts of His holy law, and the principles of this law are the principles of heaven.  The angels of heaven attain unto no higher knowledge than to know the will of God, and to do His will is their highest service that can engage their powers.  In their ministry the angels are not as servants but as sons.  Their is perfect unity between them and their Creator.  Obedience is to them no drudgery.  Love for God makes their service a joy.  So in every soul wherein Christ the hope of glory, dwells, His words are re-echoed, 'I delight to do Thy will, O my God, Thy law is within my heart.'  Psalms 40:8.
      The petition, 'Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven,' is a prayer that the reign of evil on this earth may be ended, that sin may be forever destroyed, and the kingdom of righteousness be established.  Then in earth as in heaven will be fulfilled 'all the good pleasure of His goodness.'  2 Thessalonians 1:11."

Will love to God make your service a joy, I hope and pray that it does for me, don't you wish for the same for yourself?  I want His will done in my heart so that I may be among those who delight to do His will.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment