Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Prelude on the Book of James

I have studied the subject of Faith a lot and a lot more, I mean it has worried me to no end that I don't have much faith and so I keep delving into the Word to find more answers.  I found this yesterday and am anxious to share it with you.  I found it in my study Bible that I bought a while back and it is the best human definition I have ever read.  So here it is:

"Faith without works is dead and dead faith is worse than no faith at all.  Faith must work; it must  produce;  it must be visible. Verbal is not enough; mental faith is insufficient.  Faith must be there but it must be more.  It must inspire action.  Throughout his epistle to the Jewish believers, James integrates true faith with every day practical experience by stressing that true faith must manifest itself in works of faith.

Faith endures trials. Trials come and go, but a strong faith will face them head on and develop endurance.  Faith understands temptation.  It will not allow us to consent to our lust and slide into sin.  Faith obeys the Word, it will not just hear but will do.  Faith produces doers.  Faith harbors no prejudice.  For James faith and favoritism cannot co-exist.  Faith displays itself in works.  Faith is more than mere words; it is more than knowledge;  It is demonstrated by obedience; and it overtly responds to the promises of God.  Faith controls the tongue.  This small but immensely powerful part of the body must be held in check.  Faith can do it.  Faith acts wisely.  It gives us the ability to choose wisdom that is heavenly and to shun earthly wisdom.  Faith produces separation from the world and submission to God.  It provides us with the ability to resist the devil and humbly draw near to God.

Finally, faith waits patiently for the coming of the Lord.  Through trouble and trials it stifles complaining."

That's it.  I am going to have to read it over and over until I can get a hold on faith.  This was an awesome revelation to me and all the thoughts come from the book of James.  I read it through last night to see if I could pick out the thoughts that were presented and yes they were there.  Try it.  I hope this inspires your faith as it has mine.  I want to increase my faith until I have implicit faith in all the promises of God.  Is it possible?  I believe it is.  May you increase your faith in the same way and we will meet in heaven when Jesus comes.  A great reunion day to be sure.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment