Thursday, December 17, 2015

Something very important

To be reminded of something three times in one chapter, it must be something of importance.  I would like to share with you this important message.  I have read it so many times and thought I got the meaning but yesterday as I was studying, these verses came back to me and I went over them again and saw that we have been reminded three times of their importance and the reason that it struct me so much was that he said that he wrote it down so we could be reminded even after his decease.
Here is the reminders:

2 Peter 1:12-15  "For this reason I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things though you know and are established in the present truth.  Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent (alive), to stir you up by reminding you, knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me.  Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my decease."  What is this reminder all about?  As I have studied and have been seeking a closer walk with God I have seen that this reminder is all about this very subject and I was so pleased to find this and believe that it is the secret to a closer relationship with God through Jesus. I am going to go through these verses piece by piece because I have seen the importance of them and believe they have a very great and important message.  He is giving this message to those of like precious faith through the righteousness of God and Jesus Christ, verse 1.  I hope you don't mind if I personalize them to fit my need and perhaps it will help to fit yours too.

Verse 2 This message of grace and peace will be multiplied to us through the knowledge of God, how do we get the knowledge of God?  It would be through the study of His Word, wouldn't it?

Verse 3 His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue.  We have no excuse because He has already given us all things that pertain to life and godliness.  We just need to study His Word to find out what He has given us, and we will find out shortly.

Verse 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these we may be a partaker of His divine nature having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.   Through these promises we don't have to be a partaker of the worlds sins anymore, because we have His divine power to keep us close to Him through His promises.  Isn't that a wonderful thought?

Verse 5  Also for this very reason giving all diligence, (giving everything we have) to this study, add to your faith virtue (goodness)  and to virtue knowledge (from the Word),

Verse 6 and to knowledge self-control (our speech, our thoughts and actions) and to self-control perseverance (being persistent) and to perseverance godliness (god-likeness) and to godliness brotherly kindness (being kind to one another) and to brotherly kindness, love.

Verse 7  If these things are yours and abound (increase) you will neither be barren or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Your knowledge will increase and you will be able to share with others the things that you are learning.

Verse 8  He who lacks these things is shortsighted even to blindness and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.  We don't want to be in this state of mind, do we?

Verse 10  Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;  What a promise and that's not all,

Verse 11  for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly  into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Then comes the reminders that I mentioned at the beginning that make these verses seem so very important to our Christian walk and to me.

If we study His Word, we will find all sorts of promises that will make us a partaker of His divine nature by believing His Word and putting into practice what it says, we will be a partaker of His divine nature, in other words, we will become like Him which should be every Christians goal.

Get a notebook and as you are reading His Word and come across one of His great and precious promises, write it down and memorize it if it is something that you greatly need.  I am going to do this, it just came to me as a great idea in giving diligence to His Word.  Then you can go over them again and again and let them soak into your very being and you will be transformed into His likeness, it just happens and we don't know how it happens, it just happens and we don't even know when it happens.  It is a miracle of God's grace and mercy in our lives and we can be ever so grateful and thankful for what He is doing in us and for us.

Please be reminded over and over again of these very important verses in 2 Peter, Let Peter remind you and I will help him, is that OK with you?  Get a notebook, and I will get one too and we will get started on our way to living a life full and free in Christ.  I can't wait!!!!!  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment