Sunday, December 6, 2015

Forgiveness again.

This post today has to do with forgiving again and again, over and over.  I desperately need this or I wouldn't be studying this topic , I hope someone out there needs it too and is helped by it.  Unforgiveness is one of the hardest sins to overcome and I guess that is why Christ gave us the example when He was hanging on the cross and prayed for those that crucified him.  A hard thing indeed for us to do the same, especially when the hurt goes deep into the heart and cuts like a knife.
I have had this happen to me in the last 3-4 months and am seeking forgiveness every day and sometimes  or lots of times during the day.  So bear with me as I share from my heart.

Matthew 18:21,22  "Then Peter came to Him and said, 'Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him?  Up to seven times?'  Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.'"

 This is a hard saying for me, I have forgiven this person over and over but the hurt keeps coming back again and again.  So I keep searching and forgiving until I find a solution.

Matthew 18: 15-17  "Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you  and him alone.  If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.  And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church.  But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector. "

In this case I'm not sure this is the way to handle it because of the circumstance and of who the person is.  I am still seeking help.

According to the Scriptures, forgiveness means: Blot out, Isaiah 43:25; Remission, Matthew 26:28;
Pardon, Isaiah 55:7;  Remember no more, Jeremiah 31:34.

When God forgives us He blots out and gives us Remission and Pardon and He Remembers them no more, but is that possible for us?  I don't know.  I'm still seeking.

Psalm 6: 8-10  "Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; For the Lord has heard the voice of my weeping.  The Lord has heard my supplication; The Lord will receive my prayer.  Let all my enemies be ashamed and greatly troubled; Let them turn back and be ashamed suddenly."

I know that God has heard my prayers over and over to give me forgiveness for this person or persons.  I know that He has seen the tears that have been shed over this and has received my prayer. I pray that He will take it into His hands and cause those who have done this great hurt to be ashamed of what they have done and greatly troubled.  I pray that it will happen suddenly.  I am greatly stressed and it has affected my health.

Those of you who read my blog, please pray for me, this is an emergency case for me.  I believe God will take care of it but I hope soon, He knows my condition and how much I can take. Thank you for reading and caring, I know you do or you wouldn't be a faithful reader.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment