Friday, December 11, 2015

All that is within me.

I want to share five verses that I have shared before but perhaps in a different way.  These are some of my personal help verses, I have others too but today I want to share these and maybe more, we will see.  What helps me I believe will help others so here goes.

Psalms 103: 1-5  "Bless the Lord, O, my soul; and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name!
                                    Bless the Lord, O, my soul, and forget not all His benefits;
                             Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases,
                                     Who redeems your life from destruction,
                             Who crowns your with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
                                     Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
                              So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Why do these verses bless me so?  Because I just discovered that blessing the Lord is giving thanks for all these good things that He provides for us on a daily basis.  For example, we can thank Him for all His benefits and not to forget to thank Him.  He forgives us of ALL our sins, and heals us of all our diseases, and redeems our life from destruction and on top of all that, He crowns us with loving kindness and tender mercies and then satisfies our mouth with good things, so that our youth is renewed like the eagles.

Do you think He gets tired of showering us with all these blessings?  I don't think so,  He loves us so much that He showers them on the just and the unjust, but here is the catch that I caught as I am pondering these verses, Do you think He would like to be thanked and praised for all His goodness,  I believe He is waiting with a longing desire to hear our thankfulness and praises.  I believe with all my heart that the more we Praise Him or Bless Him the more blessings we will receive, not because we deserve more but because He deserves more and wants to pour out more upon those who receive them with a grateful heart.

I learned a valuable lesson as a child. I was very timid and when my birthday arrived there was a lady at church who gave me a pretty card and there was a pretty hankie in it and I was so timid I was afraid to say anything and my mother who was standing beside me said, 'what do you say' and I uttered 'thank you' but it humiliated me to the core that I had to be reminded to say thank you and I went home and cried and cried over my thoughtlessness.  Forever after, I hope I have never forgot to say thank you to anyone who gives anything to me in word or deed or gift.

You know how you feel when you receive an overwhelming thank you in appreciation of what you have done or given.  You know it came from the heart and was really appreciated.  Can you imagine what God feels when we sincerely thank Him from the bottom of our heart and praise Him every day for His bountiful blessings.  I know that I fall short of praising His name, and this morning He gave me an insight to these verses that I had not seen before.  I have them memorized and repeat them almost daily, but now I will repeat them and add my personal praise to Him too.  How about you?

I know that He wants to bestow upon us much more than we allow Him to by our ungrateful hearts.
Ephesians 3:20  "Now unto Him who is able to do exceeding, abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us"  (That power is the Holy Spirits power).

So if we have that grateful heart for His abundant mercies and Bless His Holy Name with all that is within us, which means in all sincerity and with a reverent spirit, He will do exceeding, abundantly more that we could ask or think.  What a loving God we have.  We just need to be a lot more appreciative and from a heart overwhelmed by His love.  Thank you God for this wonderful worship you have given me this morning, please bless every reader, I pray.  Amen  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment