Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Transformation

I'm sure that the thought of 'wish I could go back and live my life over, I would sure change a lot of things'.  Ever crossed your mind?  Oh, I'm sure there are really good people out there that probably haven't thought of that, but this poor soul has and lots of times.  If only I could change this or that, if only I could go back and do it all over, things would have been so much different.

Of course we can't do that, but we can start over today and change everything if we want to, the biggest reason we don't want to, it seems too hard, or of no use, or what good would it do now?  Well I am happy to tell you that it isn't hard and it has lots of benefits and it makes life much more easier and happy and contented.  Want to try it?  You won't believe what a difference it will make, I challenge you to give it a try and you won't want to go back to the way you were.

Romans 12:1,2,& 3  "I beseech you therefore, brethren,by the mercies of God, that you present your  bodies a living sacrifice, holy acceptable  to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.  For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among, you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith."

First, let's think about these verses,   God says, 'it's a reasonable service to present our bodies to Him as a sacrifice,  what is a sacrifice?  It's a giving up of ourselves in a total surrender to Him, now I know it seems like a sacrifice to us at the time, but really, is it?  The benefits are out of this world, really they are.  A clearer mind, a healthier body, a closer walk with the Savior, a perfect guide in all that we do, no worries anymore.  There are many more that I can't think of right now, we would be holy, acceptable to God if we gave Him our all, which He says is our reasonable service.

"And be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."  Have you been conformed to the world in your habits of speech, of what you put into your mind and body?  I know that I have, in my speech and not spending time with God each day, eating or drinking things that are not healthy for me.

 How do we renew our mind?  By spending time in His word, it actually does renew your mind by giving you better things to think about rather than dwelling on the things that don't lift us up, it helps us to make better decisions, it changes our outlook and we don't see things the same as we did before, therefore we can react differently to the same situations with a much greater attitude, anger dissipates before our very eyes, we see others struggling like we are and it makes a big difference in our attitude towards them.  We are transformed into this new person by digging into God's word, it actually does transform us, IF we allow it to.  You have to get serious with God, don't take these verses lightly, there is a miracle wrought in these verses if we just let God have His way in our lives.

We learn what His perfect will is in our lives and what is acceptable to Him, I have learned that my pride of opinion had to go, my self-seeking, instead of these things, I needed humility and to put others first in my life, Oh what a difference that has made.  Takes away a lot of struggles that we have had and gives us peace.  Something that I have needed for a very long time.  Helps me accept my lot in life, even though it has been rough the last years, I can have peace with Him.  It helps me endure the pain, physical, mental and emotional, a great benefit.  It helps us think soberly and not take things for granted anymore, We see things through God's eyes and He has given us a free measure of faith to start with that we can build on as we grow in Him.  Are you convinced?  I am only sharing these things with you so you can enjoy life to a greater degree without all the down times.  I have had plenty  of those times and don't want anymore, since I found out how to keep from having them or getting rid of them when they creep up on me.  I hope that you have found some help in this little study and will try to let God transform you, it happens so stealthily that you all of a sudden realize things aren't the same anymore.

I want to leave you with this thought that I found recently, "The science of salvation cannot be explained, but it can be experienced. He who sees his own sinfulness can discern the preciousness of the Savior."  God bless you my friends as you study your way to the kingdom of God.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment