Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Controlling yourself made possible.

Proverbs 25:28  "Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls." Satan would love to see us broken down and having no rule over our own spirits.  And he does control lots of people and they don't seem to have any control over their tongue or their actions.  Haven't you noticed people like that.  I know for a while, I didn't seem to have very good control over my own tongue and I noticed it was very hurtful to whoever I said things too.

Then one morning when I was having my worship, God impressed my mind with who was causing me this trouble, I was letting Satan rule my tongue, not all the time but a few times it got the best of me and I crashed under Satan's temptation.  Have you ever done that?  And then regret what you said with all your heart.  I felt like a city broken down without any self-control.  Proverbs calls it walls.  I read somewhere in my studies some time back, even a few years so can't tell the reference but anyway using my own wording.  'Angels are like a wall of fire put around us so we do not stumble.'  I have thought of that so often.  So glad to have that wall of fire, but it is only when we submit to God can He set His angels about us to protect us.  I want that wall of fire about me in the worse way, don't you?

We can get out of control in many ways but the worst way is with our tongue.  The book of James has a lot to say about the tongue.

James 1:26  "If anyone among you think he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue, but deceives his own heart, that man's religion is useless."  Do we claim to be religious and can't control our tongue?  Our religion would be useless to us if that is the case.  There is so much to self-control.

James 3:2  "For we all stumble in many things. If any does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body."  Wow!  What a statement, 'able to bridle the whole body'.  Don't you wish you could bridle your whole body?  I do and here is the instruction on how to do just that.

Proverbs 12:15  "The way of the fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise."  I find it difficult to try and help someone younger than I to steer them away from trouble, they always seem to think they no better than I.  I don't consider myself as a counselor but my years of living have certainly given me lots of experience to help others if they tend to want to listen.  Some do and some don't, where do you find yourself?  I don't think I have one friend that is older than me, I'm sure there are lots of people out there that are, but they are not my friends.  I would like to counsel with someone older and wiser.  It would help with some of life's problems.  I love the following verse:

Proverbs 3:5  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths."  I guess from going over this verse again that I don't need someone older to counsel me, do I?   I just need to  trust in the Lord with all my heart and don't lean on my own understanding, just acknowledge Him and He will direct my ways.
That is the best counsel that we can find for self-control.  I love it.  Who else can we trust more than we can trust God?  There is no one wiser, that knows us better and that loves us more than He does.
Let's trust Him with all our hearts to give us the self-control that we need so that we do not fall into condemnation.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment