Saturday, August 31, 2013

Our Ultimate Aim

Do you have an aim in life, an ultimate goal?  When I was young my goal was to find a Christian man for a husband and have children and then I got interested in health and I studied natural healing for several years and read everything I could get my hands on.  My goal was to have a health retreat where I could help people get well with natural means.  When that didn't work out, I started helping friends and even people would hear about me and call me for help and I wrote a health article for a paper.  But have always been one who needed a challenge and would find something to challenge my mind and the greatest challenge I have ever found is the challenge of being Christ like.  This goal will pay big dividends in the end as I will be able to be with my best Friend forever.  It is my Ultimate Aim.

I would like to present this challenge to you and see what you will do with it.  Of course there are promises to help us along the way.

2 Corinthians 3:18  "But we all with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."  How are we changed into His image? By beholding the glory of the Lord, we will be changed into His likeness.

Philippians 3:21  "Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious body, according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself."  He will change our vile body.  Praise Him for such a promise.

2 Peter l:4  "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."  Just find all the promises in the Scriptures that you can and use a red marking pencil, not pen and color all the promises red so you can readily see them and the promise is that we might be partakers of His divine nature.  A wonderful goal for anyone.

1 John 3:2  "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be but we know that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is."  Isn't that a goal worth looking forward to?  I think it should be the Ultimate Aim of everyone alive, what a different world we would have to live in, isn't that right?

This Bible study was good for me, I needed it and am thankful for it.  Could you make being Christ like your Ultimate Aim?  I hope so and pray that you will.  I don't know who you are, but I do know that I pray for each person reading this blog that you will come to know Jesus as your Savior and it will be your Ultimate Aim to be like Him.  You have all the help you need through Him who loves you, it is your choice to make.
Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment