Saturday, April 8, 2017

Benefits In Studying The Word of God -1-

Did you know that there are numerous benefits for us if we study God's word?  I would like to study some of those benefits in this study.  God wants to pour out His blessings upon us in such abundance that there is not enough room to receive them.  Some of these verses might inform us of the reason that we do not receive these benefits and other verses tell us what the benefits are, so let's check them out and see how we can benefit from the study of God's word.

Psalm 119:5,6  "Oh, that my ways were steadfast in obeying...Then I would not be put to shame when I consider all your commands."  Steadfast means, loyal, faithful, devoted, dedicated, reliable and more.  You can read the first part of the verse as: Oh, that my ways were loyal, faithful, devoted, etc.  Then we would not be put to shame.  Benefit, His word establishes dignity and honor.

Psalm 119:9,11  "How can a young man keep his way pure?  By living according to your word. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against thee." Benefit, keeps our way pure.

Psalm 119:24  "Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors."  Benefit, They protect our minds and maintains our integrity.

Psalm 119:28  "My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.  Benefit, gives us strength.

Psalm 119:49 "Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope."  Benefit, it gives us hope.

1John 1:9  "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  Benefit, cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 5:11  "And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life,and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life."  Benefit, Eternal Life.

John 16:24  "Until now you have not asked anything in My name.  Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete."  Benefit, assurance of answered prayer and joy.

Proverbs 3:5,6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.  Benefit, assurance of guidance.

1 Corinthians 10:13  "No temptation has seized you but what is common to man, God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  but when your tempted, He will provide a way of escape.  Benefit, Assurance of victory over temptation.

Psalm 119:67  "Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word."  Benefit, His word leads us back.

The benefits from this study are absolutely great benefits:  Dignity and Honor, makes our way pure, maintains our integrity and protects our mind.  Cleanses us from all sin, Eternal life, Assurance of answered prayer and joy, assurance of guidance, assurance of victory over temptation, and His word leads us back.  This study must go on for another day at least.  Think of all the benefits of His word and I am sure there are many, many more, so will check it out tomorrow.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment