Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Work of God in Us - 4 -

There are some promises that prove that God works in us to save us.  I would like to share some with you today.

Philippians 1:6  "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."  God does not force Himself upon us to save us, we have to allow Him in our lives for Him to send us the help we need.

Philippians 2:13  "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure."
Do you think that it is His good pleasure to save you?  Something to think about.

1 Thessalonians 5:21-24  "Test all things, hold fast what is good.  Abstain from every form of evil.  Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it."

Ephesians 2:1  "And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins."

Jude 24  "Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling and present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy."

Hebrews 13:20,21  "Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever.  Amen."

Galatians 2:20  "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who lives, but Christ lives in me; and the life I now live by faith in the Son of God, who loves me and gave Himself for me."

Psalm 18:32  "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Psalm 32:8  "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye."

Isaiah 26:12  "Lord, You will establish peace for us, for You have also done all our works in us."

Do these verses convince you that we cannot earn our salvation at all, it is all through a complete surrender to Christ and God and He does the work.  Our work is to surrender our all to Him which at times is a very hard work.  But we must do it.  God will instruct us and teach us in the way that we should go and give us the strength and power to obey.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment