Thursday, April 6, 2017

The Holy Spirit Dwelling in You -2-

The Holy Spirit has several names, Spirit of Truth, (John 14:17), Comforter, (John 14:16) Guide, (John 1:13), Teacher, (Luke 12:12) and probably others.  Just before Jesus returned to His Father He promised to send the Holy Spirit in His place, so the disciples would not be without the help that they needed and that promise is for us too.  He is the One who prompts us to do what is right when there is a question about right and wrong.  He is the One who translates our prayers into heavenly language so they come before the Father in purity and love.  And He wants to dwell within our hearts to guide, comfort and teach us each day so we can live a pure life in Christ.

Ezekiel 36:27  "And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

John 14:17  "Even the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because it sees Him not, neither knows Him but ye know Him ; for He dwells with you, and shall be in you."

Romans 8:9  "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit dwell in you.  Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

1 Corinthians 3:16  "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and the Spirit of God dwells in you?"

1 John 2:27  "But the anointing which ye have received of Him abides in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teaches you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him."

Being filled with the Spirit is not a one time event.  It is something that we should seek and receive every day.  This filling has to be repeated so that every part of our lives is filled with His presence, and so we are empowered to live as we should.

Being filled with the Holy Spirit does not so much mean that we possess more of Him, but that He possesses more of us.  Only when we commit all aspects of our life to the Spirit every day can He use us to God's glory.

Just a simple personal story of how the Holy Spirit saved my life just by being open to His directions. I had been away from home for two weeks with my son, and all the time we were there, I kept getting weaker day by day until I felt I needed to get home.  I was worn out when we arrived and went to bed a little early, as I laid my head on my pillow, the thought came to my mind that if I didn't get up and get to the hospital, I wouldn't be here long, and to go and tell my son to get me to the ER.  Which he did.  They did a blood count and my hemoglobin was so low it took two pints of blood to bring it up.
The first transfusion I have ever had but had I kept going like I was, I wouldn't have lasted long.  I was so thankful that I obeyed.  God wants to help us if we are willing to obey.

Let's be faithful to Him and plead for the infilling of His Holy Spirits power in our lives to make us more like Jesus.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment