Friday, April 14, 2017

Characteristics of Christ's Words

I have never thought about the kind of words Jesus spoke, but it seems like He would want us to speak the same way, don't you think.  I want to do a study today about the characteristics of His words.  I think this will be very interesting, don't you.

Imperishable Words

Mark 13:31  "Heaven and earth shall pass away but My words shall not pass away."

Gracious Words

Luke 4:22  "And all bare Him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth.  And they said Is not this Joseph's son?"

Mighty Words

Luke 4:32  "And they were astonished at His doctrine: for His word was with power."

Spiritual Words

John 6:63  "It is the Spirit that quickens; the flesh profit nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

Life-giving Words

John 6:68  "Then Simon Peter answered Him, Lord, to whom shall we go?  Thou hast the words of eternal life."

Incomparable Words

John 7:46  "The officers answered, Never man spake like this man."

Words of Judgment

John 12:48  "He that rejects me, and receives not My words, hath One that judges him: the word that I have spoken the same shall judge him in the last day."

Divine Words

John 14:24  "He that loves Me not keeps not My sayings: and the word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father's which sent Me."

Our words can be Spiritual, Gracious and powerful, if we are speaking on Spiritual things.  I believe that we can copy Christ's life if we let His Spirit dwell within us.  And if we do slip, we have an Advocate with the Father who forgives if we confess and repent.  I praise God that He is a forgiving God and loves us beyond words.  We cannot comprehend His love, but we can study His word and learn about Him and see how much He loves us.  I pray that this little study shows you how important Christ's words were and are to us even today.  My life has had a complete U-turn since I have been studying each day, and listening to Him speak to me from His word.  I like this verse in Philippians 4:13.  "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."  You can too.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment