Saturday, April 1, 2017

Faith In Christ - 3

Faith is one word that has been hard for me to understand.  I understand the human side of it but it has been hard for me to understand the Faith In Christ side of it.  I have understood it to some degree but not as deep as I would like to, so decided to add this to the In Christ study and maybe I could get it cleared up in my head just what Faith In Christ means.  I hope it helps you as well.  I believe it is a very important aspect in the Christian walk.  There was a couple in are church when I was a teenager and every time they came over, my stepfather and the husband of the couple would get in to a discussion on faith and believe, I don't know to this day if they ever came to a solution, being a teenager I wasn't involved in the discussion but wish now that I had been.  Faith is so important and so is believe.

 The dictionary says it is a strong or unshakeable belief in God without seeing.  Sure of what we hope for and certain for what we do not see.

Andrew Murray says: Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectations.

SC. 63  "Where there is not only belief in God's word, but a submission of the will to Him; where the heart is yielded to Him, the affections fixed upon Him, there is faith - faith that works by love and purifies the soul.  Through this faith the heart is renewed in the image of God."

MB 86,87 "But the prayer that comes from an earnest heart, when the simple wants of the soul are expressed, as we would ask an earthly friend for a favor, expecting it to be granted- this is the prayer of faith."

MB 53  "The only true faith is that which works by love to purify the soul.  It is as leaven that transforms the character."

MB 37  "Without a living faith in Christ as a personal Savior it is impossible to make our influence felt in a skeptical world. We cannot give to others that which we do not ourselves possess."

Romans 10:17  "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."  So the more we saturate our minds with the word of God, the stronger our faith will be, right?

Hebrews 11:6  "But without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he that comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a Rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."  We cannot really please Him without faith and if we diligently seek Him He will reward us with stronger faith. I believe that that is what it is saying.

Proverbs 3:5,6  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding."

2 Corinthians 5:7  "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

Romans 5:1,2 "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.  By whom also we have access by faith into the grace where in we stand, and rejoice in hope of the love of God."

Hebrews 10:38,39  "Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, My soul shall have no pleasure in him.  But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul."

This study is so good, and I needed it the worst way and I am not through with it yet but think I better continue with it tomorrow so that we have time to comprehend the whole meaning of faith. It truly is a very deep study and I want to get to the bottom of it as much as God allows so we will continue in the next study.  May God help us understand this important subject.  I believe it is a life and death subject as far as our Christian walk goes.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment