Saturday, April 15, 2017

Promises to Those Who Keep Christ's Word

I love promises, don't you.  These promises today are for those who are obedient to the Words of Christ.  Remember, 'We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us'.  So we really don't have an excuse for not keeping His words, do we?  We cannot do it on our own, we have to depend upon Christ for the strength to obey.  Let's see what the promises are, maybe it will inspire us onward in our Christian walk.

Eternal Life

John 8:51  "Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death." This is speaking of the final death.

The Abiding Comforter

John 14:15,16  "If ye love Me, keep My commandments.  And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever."

Divine Fellowship

John 14:23  "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him."

Divine Disclosure

John 17:6  "I have manifested Thy name unto the men which Thou gave Me out of the world: Thine they were, and Thou gave them to me; and they have kept Thy word."

Assurance

1 John 2:3  "And hereby we do know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments."

Access to God

Revelation 3:8  "I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou has a little strength, and have kept My word, and have not denied My name."

Christ knows whether we love Him or not.  He knows if we are keeping His commandments.  He knows all about us.  He knows if we deny His name to others.  How can we do that?  By pretending we are a Christian when we are not.  By taking His Holy Name in vain as in swearing.  By our dress.  By our words, by our actions. We really don't have to worry about this if we are abiding in Christ, he supplies the strength and the Holy Spirit prompts us all through the day if we have invited Him in.
I love the thought that we have a mighty helper at all times, don't you?  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment