Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Seven Remarkable Confessions of Faith in Christ - 4

Confession is the admission  of something.  In this instance it is the confession of faith in Christ.
Several Biblical characters have great confessions of the belief in Christ.  Following are some of them.

Peter

Mathew 16:16 "And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Nathanael

John 1:49  "Nathanael answered and said unto Him, Rabbi, Thou art the Son of God, Thou art the King of Israel."

The Woman of Samaria

John 4:29  "Come, see a man; which told me all things that ever I did; is not this the Christ?

Peter's Second Confession

John 6:69  "And we believe and are sure that Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

Martha

John 11:27  "She said unto Him, Yes, Lord: I believe that Thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world."

Thomas

John 20:28  "And Thomas answered and said unto Him, My Lord and my God."

The Ethiopian Eunuch

Acts 8:37  "And Philip said If thou believe with all thine heart, thou may.  And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

What is your belief today?  Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God?  I do and I'm sure you probably do too.  Don't be afraid to confess Him to your family and friends.  Thats what these people in the Bible were doing.  A simple way to confess Jesus is to pray over your food when you are eating out.  I used to be afraid to, but now I can.  I'm ashamed to say that it use to bother me but we should not be afraid or ashamed to confess Christ publicly.  Look at what He has done for us.
The more I study, the more I'm not afraid to talk to people about my beliefs.  I don't get the chance very often because I don't go out much.  One thing I can do is share a smile and it usually wins a smile right back.  So many people are down cast and don't smile much and I love to smile at people, I always get one back.  So don't be afraid to share your faith with others. Even in a smile.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment