Monday, April 3, 2017

Faith In Christ, cont'.-5-

I found these neat demonstrations of faith on the internet and they kind of help me understand faith a little bit better.  I don't know who the authors are but I thought you might like to read them before we start our Bible study.  You don't have to believe them, but I think they are truth, you be the judge.

"Faith is believing that God is who He says He is and will do what He has promised to do."

"Faith is action based upon a belief and sustained by confidence  that when God says something then it is forever settled in heaven."

"We are given faith as a means of grace.  We are not creating or earning grace, but are making use of the gift given to us by which we may enrich ourselves and others.  It is not our work being done, it is our participation in the gift that is being done."

Galatians 3:2  "This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?"

Galatians 3:26  "For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God through faith."

Jude 1:20  "But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit."  I believe that we can build up our faith by studying God's word and praying that the Holy Spirit guides us in these studies.

James 5:15 "And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven."  What an awesome God we have!  To be forgiven is a wonderful thing, and to be raised from a sick bed is an awesome thing too.  I know.  Several years ago I was helping my husband lift a wood heater up onto a hearth and I blew a vertebrae in my lower back.  Thats the only way I can describe it.  I was paralyzed in my legs and spent my days in traction and lying on the couch during the day.  On the eleventh day I was reading my Bible in Psalms 6, and I realized that I needed to give in to my situation and give it to God as to what He wanted in my life and I told Him I was willing to be in this situation if that is what He wanted for me the rest of my life.
While I was lying there, all of a sudden I realized that the pain was gone and I pulled my legs out of traction and sat up, then I stood up and I was so shocked that I fell back on the couch, and about that time my husband walked in and I asked him to check my back to see if the swelling was still there.  I had a swelling that was red and about two and a half inches across and it was gone and I got up and walked.  I will never forget the joy of that moment.  Thank you Father for that healing!!

Hebrews 12:2  "Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
1 Timothy 6:12  "Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses."

Ephesians 4:5 "One Lord, one faith, one baptism."

1 Peter 1:9  "Receiving the end of your faith - the salvation of your souls."

Hebrews 10:22 "Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water."

1 Timothy 1:19  "Having faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected, concerning the faith have suffered shipwreck."

Acts 26:18  "To open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me."

This ends our Faith in Christ studies, and I pray they have been meaningful to you and have increased your faith abundantly.  That is what it is all about.  Courage my friends in your walk of faith.  I pray for you, will you pray for me?  I need prayers too.  Thank you, Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment