Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Giving is a blessing.

Have you ever thought that giving is a blessing?  I love to give when I have the means, I mean not just money but things, it could be a meal, clothes, time, and other things that you might think of.  The Bible says it is more blessed to give than to receive.  Acts 20:35.  I like to surprise someone with a card of appreciation, or a thoughtful note, or a lunch if they are busy and flowers are always welcome.  My daughter is always surprising me with flowers and my granddaughter loves to give me flowers in plants.  You can also give a phone call to someone who is lonely or grieving or a visit is better yet.  There are so many ways we can give of ourselves, I know you can think of lots more ways than what I have listed.

I hope no one would think of giving to receive something back.  That would be a selfish giving and that is not what I am talking about.  Giving with not a thought of receiving something in return is Christ's method of giving.  He spent His life giving, making the lame to walk, the blind to see, the deaf to hear and the bed fast person to rise up and walk.  Then to top it all off, He gave His life that we might have eternal life, all a free gift with nothing expected in return except to love Him and serve Him with all our hearts.  Of course if we love Him with all our hearts we will glorify Him with our lives.  That's a beautiful thought, isn't it?

The thought today is when you have the opportunity to help someone, give whatever you can with love.  In return you will receive smiles, hugs and a good friend.  I made lots of friends at the nursing home where my husband was a patient and every time I go over there to visit I receive many hugs from many of the nurses.  I
know they love me because they are always glad to see me.  I made some beautiful scarves and gave the ones that loved and cared for my husband each one and you should have seen the smiles and even one had tears in her eyes.  So don't be afraid to give, I am not through giving and hope I never will be. It is a real blessing to give.  Try it you might like it.  Thanks for listening.  I would like to receive a comment now and then for encouragement.  That would be giving too.  Love, Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment