Sunday, April 21, 2013

Patience

I have been pondering patience today and wondering if I have any at all.  I looked it up in the dictionary and it said that patience is 'enduring affliction with calmness'.  Some translations call it 'longsuffering'.  Either way I am not sure that I am patient, I want to be, I am being calm on the outside but on the inside anxiety is carrying on. I really am not being afflicted, so what is my great  concern, just waiting for a buyer to come along and purchase my home so I can get on with my life.

I am seeing that it doesn't have to be a great concern, but I am being a little too anxious to see it happen and it seems so slow, of course we only listed it a week and a half ago.  I know, I am being unreasonable and just plain impatient.  Talking to you helps me see myself as I really am.  I want to be the most patient person on the planet but it's going to take God some time to make me into that kind of person but I am willing and hoping that it happens quickly so I can be more calm and PATIENT.

Longsuffering is one of the fruits of the Spirit, Galatians 5:22.  This is one fruit that I'm in dyer need of.  Not saying that I don't need others, but I am being plagued with this one at the moment.  It is a vital concern of mine and needs remedied.  Of course God is our remedy and so I need to practice the art of communing
more with God and praying more for this particular fruit of the Spirit.

What about you?  Have you seen yourself in any of this?  I think it is quite common to be troubled by our patience and I am really going to try and practice patience with God's help, I know I can't do it but He can through me.  So here's having lots of patience until next time.  Cheer up and be patient.  I am talking to myself you know.   Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment