Tuesday, September 29, 2015

More on 'these things' from God's word.

Are you ready for more of 'these things'?  I am, this is such a rewarding study, I can't wait to see what some more of 'these things' are.  How about you?  Let's get with it then.

2 Corinthians 5:19  "...God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself.....and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation"  We are reconciled to Christ or God through studying His word.  That's how we draw near to Him.  When the verse says 'draw near to God and He will draw near to us" it means as we study His word it will draw us nearer and nearer to Him.  How wonderful is that?

Jeremiah 15:16  "Your words were found, and I ate them, and your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart"  When we study His word and digest it, so to speak, it will give us joy and rejoicing in our heart.  Who couldn't use that?

Psalm 119: 133  "Direct my steps by Your word and let no iniquity have dominion over me."  His word will guide our steps and we couldn't have a better guide in all that we do.

Psalm 119:9,11  "How can a young man cleanse his way?  By taking heed according to Your word.  Your word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against thee."  How can we cleanse our way, by taking heed to God's word and His word will be hidden in our hearts and keep us from sinning against God.  What could be easier than hiding His word in our hearts to keep us from sinning against Him.

Psalm 119: 47, 97  "I will delight myself in Your commandments.  Oh, how I love Your law, it is my meditation all the day."  By studying God's law we will be delighted with them and learn to love His law.

Let's review these again so we can ponder them and be ready for some more, we are not through yet.

We will be reconciled to God through Christ, as we study His word we will be drawn nearer and nearer to Him.  Our steps will be directed by Him, He will be our guide day by day.  How can we cleanse our way, by taking heed according to God's word.  And by studying His word it will be hidden in our hearts so that we won't be sinning against Him.  A wonderful thought.  We will be delighted in His commandments and learn to love His law.

Have you noticed if you are a sincere learner, how you are growing in Christ as you learn what His word will do for you?  It is a wonderful thing to abide in Christ through His word.  I love what I am learning.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment