Monday, September 14, 2015

Promises to help us be more Gentle

I am sure that we can all be a little more gentle in our actions and in our words.  I know that I need to be, so hopefully this little study will help me and all who face this need.

Isaiah 40:11  "He tends His flock like a shepherd:  He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those who have young."

Matthew 11:29  "Jesus said, 'Take My yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls."

Colossians 3:12  "As God's chosen people, holy and dearly beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

1 Peter 3:4  "(Your beauty) should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

Philippians 4:5  "Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near."

How much I needed this today!! I pray that I will be a very gentle person with my actions and my words.  How about you.  These studies aren't very long but they sure do touch the heart with my needs.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment