Friday, September 4, 2015

Promises of who shall abide in God, in His kingdom.

Have you wondered who shall abide with God?  I have, until I read these verses in Psalm.  It is my hearts greatest desire to abide with God.  I know I don't have a lot of time left in this world, I am 84 years old and it weighs on my mind a lot and I try to rest in the arms of God, knowing that I can safely abide in Him and I like to read these verses to be assured that I am abiding with Him.  Check these verses out and see if you are abiding with Him.  If not, you have the directions right here of who will.

Psalm 15:1  "Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in Thy holy hill?"

Verse 2  "He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart."

Verse 3  "He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbor, nor takekth up a reproach against his neighbor."

Verse 4  "In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoreth them that fear the Lord.  He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not."

Verse 5  "He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent.  He that doeth these things shall never be moved."

Do these seem out of reach for you?  Yes, I am sure they do to some, but you have to remember the two verses that I always lean on for help.  They are:

Philippians 1:6  "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."  and:

1 Thessalonians 5: 23,24  "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly;  and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it."

Of ourselves we cannot do these things, but in full surrender to God, getting rid of self in our life, He will do it for us.  He also helps us in our full surrender by reminding us of what we need to surrender.
Be sure and stay close to Him and He will take care of you and see that you will be abiding in Him and He will finish the work He has started in you if you allow Him to.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment