Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Promises of the mercy God gives us.

This is going to be a great blessing for those of us who feel the need of a merciful God, I know that I do and I just imagine that you do too.  The Bible says that His Mercy endures forever and I am so thankful for that because it means His mercy endures for me until I am no longer here.  That is such a wonderful thing to remember.  He 'IS' a merciful God.  So let's check out some promises regarding His mercy.

James 5:11  "The Lord is full of compassion and mercy."

Isaiah 55: 6,7  "Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near.  Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts.  Let him turn to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him, and to our God, for He will freely pardon."

Psalm 51:1  "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to your loving kindness; according to the multitude of your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions."

Psalm 103:17  "But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear Him, and His righteousness unto children's children."

Are you convinced of His mercy now?  We should be shouldn't we?  I know how merciful He is because of the many times I have had to come to Him seeking pardon and He always forgives and I always feel a hundred percent relieved of the burden I carry when I have done wrong.  Sometimes I don't forgive myself and that is a no no, because if God is willing to forgive us, we need to forgive ourselves if we have made everything right.  It is a wonderful thing and a wonderful feeling.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment