Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Promises about forgiveness

Have you found it hard to forgive someone when that really, truly wronged you.  I will admit that it is a hard thing to do and really we cannot do it unless Jesus gives us the power and willingness to do it.  I have had to pray over some things just recently to be able to forgive someone who gossiped about my children really bad and hope that someday I can talk to them about it and make things right.  Also I have been treated pretty bad by someone that has been hard to get over.  But God is good and let's see some of these promises to help us.  They really do help.

Matthew 18:21,22  "The came Peter unto Him, and said, 'Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me,  and I forgive him? till seven times? And Jesus said 'until seventy times seven."

1 John 1:9  "If we confess out sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Matthew 6:14  "If you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you."

Psalm 51:10-12  "Create in me a clean heart O God, and renew a right spirit within me.  Cast me not away from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.  Restore to me the joy of your salvation and renew a right spirit within me."

Do you think forgiveness is important, yes it is, very important if we want the joy of the Lord in our hearts.  If we want forgiveness from God, then it is important for us to forgive others.  With God's Spirit controlling our lives, we can do it, I know because I have been able to do it.  We also need to confess to others when we have wronged them.  That might be a little hard too, to admit we have been wrong is not always easy but again with God's help we can do it.  I've had to do it too but the freedom that it brings is out of this world.  Grandma Joan

PS.  I'm going in for  a pacemaker implant this morning and won't be home until tomorrow sometime, so I will publish tomorrow's post following this one and if God is willing, I will be posting again on a regular basis, hope to feel better after they get my heart regulated.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment