Monday, September 7, 2015

Promises to help us with our thoughts.

Do you have trouble controlling your thoughts, I am pretty sure that all of us have battled the habit of wandering thoughts, and lots of times it is not good.  When you pray, do your thoughts wander?  My do and I don't like it.  I try to keep them in tow but I guess I just don't try hard enough.  You see, I am just like most of you and I do these studies to enhance my Christian experience, and hopefully they will enhance yours.  Let's see what the Scriptures say about our thoughts.  This first one is my favorite.

Philippians 4: 8  "Finally Brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue or anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things."

Psalm 94:11  "The Lord knows the thoughts of man, that they are futile."

Romans 12:2  "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

Romans 8:6  "For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."

So many times our thoughts are futile and also we worry about things and think about them when God already has things planned and under control.

What things are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, and of good report, these are the things we are to think about.  This takes prayer to control our thoughts and keep them on these topics but we can pray to be transformed by the renewing of our minds and we will know what is good and acceptable and what the prefect will of God is.  I want to have victory over my thoughts, don't you.  Let's pray that God will give us this victory. I will and I hope you will too.  Grandma Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment