Wednesday, September 30, 2015

More of these things that God's word does for us.

I am excited to learn of all 'these things' that God's word supplies in our life and how it helps us on our upward journey to His eternal Kingdom.  Sometimes we think we are living an isolated life.  But I want to tell you we are not, God is always with us through His Holy Spirit and we can count on that. Also, we meet people of different values, lifestyles and backgrounds that we have the opportunity to share our life with in many ways.  Just doing good deeds for others is one way and there are many more but we want to make sure we are doing them because we want to and love to do it.  With that said, let's see what some more of these things are, I want to know and I hope you do to.

Psalm 119:104  "Through your precepts (words) I get understanding."  Do we need understanding when we read His word, yes, we do and we will have it as we study.

Psalm 119:105  "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."  His word is a guide to us and will guide us into all truth.

Psalm 119:107  "I am afflicted very much: Revive me, O Lord according to your word."  If we are afflicted, we will be revived through the study of God's Holy word.  I love that because of my affliction.

Titus 2:5  "To be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed."  In other words, the Word of God is our standard of conduct and we don't want to bring reproach upon His Holy Name, which would be blasphemy.

1 Peter 1:22  "Having been born again not of corruptible seed but in corruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever."  We are born again into a new life with Christ through His word which lives and abides forever.  His word is everlasting and when we study His word we will be born again through it.

These are such wonderful promises, I hardly can contain myself with all the promises that God has made in His word.  Today we learned we get understanding, a light to our path, we will be revived, it's a standard for our conduct and we can be born again, all this through His word.  It is so wonderful that God wants to do all this for us.  Let's surrender our will to Him and study His word and believe His promises and we will have eternal life with Him when He comes again.  Grandma Joan





No comments:

Post a Comment