Saturday, September 26, 2015

Promises about Loneliness

Have you been lonely?  Are you living a lonely life right now?  I have been terribly lonely and there are times when a wave of loneliness creeps over me, it is not a good feeling.  I thought that I had done a post on this but didn't see it but felt impressed that there are a lot of lonely people out there, specially among the elderly, divorced couples, and singles.  I am not sure what category I fit in to but probably should have added widows and widowers.  Elderly fits me  and single fits me, what fits you and how are you dealing with it?  To be very honest with you, I didn't deal with it very well, and still don't all that good, but I have found the best way to deal with it is to realize God is with me all the time and I like to converse with Him and listen to Him speak to me, either through His word or in nature, or by the impressions that He places on my heart.  Now, we know that Satan tries to impress our minds too, so when we are impressed with something, compare it with God's word and you will know if it is the Devil or God.  If it is something that you know God would not approve of, then you know where your impression came from. Would you mind if I gave you some personal experiences in this and then I will share some verses with you.

I was impressed to do something for the Homeless, now is that something God would want me to do?
I am sure it was, because we are making friends with so many of them by going to where they are and passing out sandwiches, we always take egg salad sandwiches and they love them, usually we give them juice and sometimes chips.  I am very blessed in doing this and it makes my day so fulfilling.  It helps with my loneliness.

I am impressed to go to church each week and I know that is from God because He gives me the strength even when I don't feel like it,  I just had a pacemaker put in last Wednesday and I wanted to go to church this past weekend and was given the strength to do it.  This also helps with my loneliness, as I am making friends and usually make a new one every now and then and that is helping me.

I was impressed to make pretty scarves and give them to people that have been a blessing to me or seem to be lonely.  I am sure that was from God because that has turned into a bigger blessing than I had even thought of.

A while back we were visiting friends for a couple of weeks and I was getting weaker and weaker by the day and when we got home, I got ready for bed and laid down and I was impressed to get up and get to the emergency room at the hospital, and I had been bleeding all those two weeks and was on the verge of leaving this world and it took two units of blood to get me up and going.  Was that impression from God, I am sure it was.  Why He takes so good care of me, I don't know, sometimes I wonder why I am here.  I am sure He will tell me some day.

James 4:7,8 "Therefore submit to God.  Resist the Devil and he will flee from you.  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.  Cleanse your hand, you sinners, and purify your hearts you double minded."

James 4:10  "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up."

Are these good verses to help us to get out of our shell and our loneliness?  I think they are because as we draw near to God and ask to be cleansed and to have our hearts purified we will draw near to Him and be able to humble ourselves in His sight and really, He will lift us up out of our loneliness.  He has me, it's been slow but I am coming out of it and I know you will too.  I pray that you have been blessed.  Converse with God, He wants our companionship, please don't disappoint Him. Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment