Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Promises to those who repent.

It is against our carnal nature to admit that we are wrong and say we are sorry, but it is very necessary in our walk with our Lord.  It seems like I need to repent every so often and sometimes more often.  I want to share some scriptures with you to help you see the importance of repenting when we sin in any way.

Psalm 103: 2,3  "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits:  Who forgives all your iniquities."

Luke 5: 32  "I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

1 John 1: 9  "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

2 Peter 3: 9  "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise,  as some count slackness, but is long-suffering towards us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance."

Isaiah 43: 25  "I, even I, am He that blots out your transgressions for my own sake; and I will not remember your sins."

The Bible says that 'all have sinned and come short of the glory of God' so  with that said, I am sure that at some time we all need to come to repentance and probably many times.  First we need to tell the person we hurt that we are sorry and then tell God, or if we have done something wrong that hasn't harmed another then we are to go to God alone.  I feel so much better and lighter after I have confessed my wrong and repented.  Don't you?  It is so refreshing to know we are clean throughout.  If you haven't tried it, do try it, I know you will like the feeling.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment