Sunday, September 6, 2015

Promises to help us deal with stress.

I don't know about you but I hope this study helps me in dealing with stress.  I don't cope with stress very well, I had an incident happen recently that was very stressful, my blood pressure shot up to stroke level, so you know I was stressed.  I should have and I tried to give it to God and I think I did, but when all is said and done, I could have done a lot better at giving up on it and letting God take care of it and that He did and in a miraculous way.  He does care about our stresses and I hope I never have to go through anything like that again but if I do, I hope I handle it much better with no blood pressure problem.  God is so very good and I praise Him how He took care of it all.  I suppose everyone has stress of some kind and I have read that some stress is good for you and to some extent I think that is probably true, but we have help in the scriptures and I am anxious to get to them and see what they are.  I do these studies from scratch, they are not planned ahead of time, I do have some help from literature etc. but as I do them I am learning too.

Psalm 55:22  "Cast all your care on the Lord, and He will sustain you;  He will never let the righteous fall."

2 Thessalonians 1:6, 7  "Since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, and to give you who are troubled rest."

Isaiah 26:3  "He will keep you in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."

Jeremiah 31:25  "For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul."

Proverbs 16:3  "Commit your works to the Lord, and your thoughts will be established."

Psalm 37:4  "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.

I am sure it would have helped tremendously if I had done this study when the great stress hit me, but I didn't think about it even being stress until it made me sick.  I prayed my way through it and that is what we ought to do but should have read these scriptures too,  but didn't think about it.  Some of these verses I have memorized which is good but the two I haven't I had better do that, just in case.
How about you are you stressed, there are so many things to cause us stress, try memorizing these scriptures and see if that doesn't help.  High blood pressure can kill, bad stress needs dealt with in a positive way with God's promises at the top.  Take it from me.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment