Monday, October 19, 2015

Believing God's promises

God's word is full of promises.  On almost every page there is something that will help us in our Christian walk.  Right now, I am not feeling very well, even though I have had a transfusion when I was bleeding internally and just recently I had a pace maker put in to keep my heart from missing beats, and I still feel so weak and just broke another rib which numbers in the twenties somewhere, I lost count some time ago.  I need some encouragement today and thought that learning to believe in God's promises would help me, if any of you are praying people, please pray for me, I need an abundance of prayers to keep going.  Here are some texts to help us believe in His promises, I pray that it helps.

Numbers 11:23  "And the Lord said to Moses, 'Has the Lord's arm been shorten
ed?  Now you shall see whether what I say will happen to you or not."

Psalm 89:34-36  "My covenant I will not break, Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips.  Once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David:  His seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before Me."

Isaiah 46:11  "Indeed I have spoken it; I will also bring it to pass.  I have purposed it; I will also do it."

Ezekiel 36:36  "Then the nations which are left all around you shall know that I, the Lord, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted what was desolate. I, the Lord have spoken it, and I will do it."

John 14:14  "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it"

Is something wrong with our faith, we have been told it is a gift from God.

Ephesians 2:8,9  "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast."

Faith is a gift from God, we cannot earn it, all we can do is believe His promises and He has promised to do it.  One thing I have found out is that concerning my health, I need to be particular about my diet and not be presumptuous and eat things that I know from my study are harmful.  I know that I fail in this respect and I will pray for forgiveness and with His power and His infilling I will succeed.  Was this too heavy for you?  Not for me, I really needed it.  Thank you Father for the outpouring of Your Spirit and showing my my failings.  I praise Your Holy Name.  Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment