Friday, October 30, 2015

You have a Guide

I remember one time I was climbing Mt. Pit in Oregon with my family and when we got to the tree line, because of my fear of height, I couldn't go any further.  All I could see was the back side of the mountain and it was vast and steep and I stopped right there to wait for their return.  They didn't come and I waited and waited and people kept trudging past me and going to the top and I just sat there on a rock.  Finally I thought I heard there voices coming down and I decided to go on ahead thinking they would catch up with me and all would be fine. So that's exactly what I did.  I followed the path real close or at least I thought I did, when all of a sudden I came to the end of it.  Nothing!  I stood there in fear, knowing I was lost and wondering what to do, when I heard voices behind me, and guess what?  My husband and daughter were lost too and found me.  He had a good booming voice when he wanted to use it, being a logger, and he yelled out for directions and someone answered and guided us back down the mountain.  I needed a guide.  Sometimes we get lost in the maze of life and wonder which way to go or what to do.  We do have a guide and I will show you some texts that really help me.

Proverbs 3:6  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

Isaiah 30;21  "Your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, 'This is the way, walk in it', whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left."

Psalm 119:105  "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

Psalm 32:8  "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye."

Psalm 25:8-10  "Good and upright is the Lord; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way.  The humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way.  All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth."

Do you have a Guide?  Of course you do, whether you know it or not, God is your guide if you allow Him into your heart so He can speak to you and you will hear His word behind you saying, 'This is the way walk in it'.  You may not hear an audible voice but you perceive in your mind, telling you just what to do.  Be always open to His directions and you cannot go wrong.  His word is our lamp to our feet and a light to our path in life.  In all our ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct our paths.  By all means don't lean on your own thoughts of what you should do or not do.  Lean on Him.  He is a secure guide in our life.  The closer we come to God through His word, the more we will hear His voice guiding us, I know from experience this is true.  He saved my life just recently when I was bleeding internally and didn't realize I was running out of blood,  I knew I was terribly weak and could barely walk without help and I went to bed the night we got home from a long days trip, had been gone for two weeks.  After I went to bed I felt the presence of the Lord telling me to get up and get to the ER or it would be too late.  I told my son and he and my daughter took me and it took to units of blood to bring me back to normal.  Praise God for His watch care over me, even when we really don't deserve it.  God is so very good, so tender and merciful, like I said, even when we don't deserve His mercy and love.  Listen carefully He may be guiding you in a way that you are rebelling to go.  Also make sure you are surrendering to Him daily, even if you fell like you are failing Him, He still loves you and wants to guide Him.  Let Him in, Please.   Grandma Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment