Saturday, October 24, 2015

Is Obedience necessary?

So sorry, my computer got hacked up and have had a terrible time getting it back together.  Had to change passwords and close down other sites, but fortunately I'm on again, I was beginning to wonder if I was suppose to be on here anymore.  Seems like if it isn't my health, now it was my computer, praise the Lord it is working again.  I was wondering what I should talk about today and Obedience came to mind as something a lot of people don't think is important and most people in the world think it is impossible, as I have said before, it is impossible for us to obey God in our own strength, so let's see what God has to say:

Jeremiah 7:23  "Obey Me and I will be your God, and you will be My people, Walk in all the ways that I command you, that it may go well with you."

Luke 11:28  "(Jesus) replied,  Blessed are those that hear the word of God and obey it."

Deuteronomy 4:2  "You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take anything from it,  that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you."

Ecclesiastes 12:13  "Now all has been heard, hear the conclusion of the matter.  Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."

Now don't get all shook up by saying, 'you know I can't do that', yes I know that you can't do that, but God can if you allow Him to take control of your life.  Living in Him all things are possible and joy comes from obeying.  Check out the texts Philippians 1:6 and 1 Thessalonians 5:24.  As I have said before these verses give me comfort, that when I get tired of being what I think God wants me to be and I feel weak and worn out from trying, I remember these verses that tell me that God is willing to work in me to will and to do of His good pleasure.  That verse is found in Philippians 2:13. I can't say God does it all, because it takes a full surrender on our part.  He can't surrender out hearts for us, we have to do that, after all that is done, then He works out our salvation for us.  Be sure and check out those two texts again in Philippians 1:6 and 1Thessalonians 5:24. I will always remember them because I know that I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.  That's found in Philippiains 4:13.  There are so many texts in the Bible that are so very encouraging to me, I just feel like I have to share them to encourage you.  I am so sorry my computer was down for several days.  But please don't give up on me.  I love sharing, even when I don't feel so well.  God has been so good to me I just have to share Him with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment